[darcs-devel] performance idea: a darcs db?

Shae Matijs Erisson shae at ScannedInAvian.com
Fri Jan 28 10:27:20 PST 2005

Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com> writes:

> Is this a crazy idea? I do a lot of database programming, so I think my mind
> naturally gravitates to solving problems like this. :)

I think that the essence of this idea is the same as me wanting to use Arrows
to cache properties on the patch itself, and David's Perhaps types.

That is, it would be nice to work with a simpler representation of the patches
for faster operations.

I think it's a good goal, and I don't know how the different approaches will
compare for speed or efficiency.
--
Shae Matijs Erisson - http://www.ScannedInAvian.com/ - Sockmonster once said:
You could switch out the unicycles for badgers, and the game would be the same.