[darcs-devel] [darcs #197] Makefile issues

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sun Jan 30 13:34:45 PST 2005

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 03:50:22PM -0500, Juliusz Chroboczek via RT wrote:
> I think there's something wrong with the dependencies in the makefile.
>
> First, doing
>
>   $ make clean; make
>   $ make
>
> relinks darcs in the second make.  A nasty side effect is that if you do
>
>   $ make clean; make
>   $ sudo make install
>
> you end up with a darcs binary that's owned by root.

Argh.  That's not good.  I'll see if I can fix this, but Makefile hacking
is not my area of expertise, so it's worth someone else taking a look at
too.  I'll know in a half-hour or so whether I can reproduce this.

> Additionally, doing
>
>   $ darcs pull
>   $ make
>
> sometimes fails by claiming inconsistent interfaces.

And I presume that this isn't just because you've upgraded ghc in the
meantime? That's caused most of the trouble which I've seen about
inconsistent interfaces, and I don't think it's really our bug.
http://www.darcs.net