[darcs-devel] new darcs-stable maintainer

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Sat Jul 9 06:05:49 PDT 2005

Hello all,

I regret to inform you that due to issues of time constraints, Tomasz is
stepping down from his role as the maintainer of the darcs-stable branch.
He hopes to have time to continue contributing to darcs.  I greatly
appreciate his contribution as a darcs maintainer, which (along with Ian
taking over maintenance of darcs-unstable) allowed me to spend more time
working on the conflict-handling code.

For now, I'll be maintaining the stable branch of darcs myself, with Ian
continuing to handle the unstable branch.  I think that having separate
maintainers for the two branches has made a marked improvement in the darcs
development process.  Part of the benefit derives from Ian's habit of
airing his non-trivial patches here on darcs-devel before applying them to
even the unstable branch.

I think I'd like to get the next stable release out myself (since one of
its big features will be the currently-incomplete repository format code),
but after that it would be great if there was someone to take over as
maintainer of the stable branch.  This takes quite a bit of time, so
perhaps some of you could start thinking about whether you might want the
job.  If you think you'd be interested in the job, let me know.
http://www.darcs.net