[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Make read/write_pending polymorphic. (and 10 more)

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Mon Jul 11 03:16:52 PDT 2005

Hi Ian,

Here's the current state of the darcs-git work.  Mostly it's patches that
Juliusz sent in, but there's also a fix for a bug I introduced that made
the git backend fail--I failed to convert the sha1 into hex format.  Many
of these changes should be very safe, since they touch only the Git side of
things.  The others are worth examining, but also shouldn't change
behavior.

The revert generalization removes support for the obsolete form of unrevert
information as two separate files.  We haven't written such an unrevert for
several versions of darcs, and I certainly hope noone has old reverts from
a year ago that they really need to unrevert with a more recent version of
darcs...

I think this'll be all I'll get done today, but I'll reply to your email
separately on the subject of the RepoFormat business.

David.

Sat Jul  9 21:25:15 EDT 2005  Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>
  * Make read/write_pending polymorphic.

Sat Jul  9 21:48:14 EDT 2005  Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>
  * Add ``lax'' argument to applyToGitSlurpy.
  When lax is true, we apply merger_equivalent to mergers.

Sat Jul  9 21:52:21 EDT 2005  Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>
  * Import GitRepo from darcs-git.
  This version has write support and support for reverse-engineering
  Darcs merges from Git merges.

Sat Jul  9 22:14:26 EDT 2005  Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>
  * Make sync_repo polymorphic.

Sat Jul  9 22:15:43 EDT 2005  Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>
  * Make writePatch and updateInventory polymorphic.

Sat Jul  9 22:38:02 EDT 2005  Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>
  * Make withRepoLock polymorphic.

Sat Jul  9 23:43:10 EDT 2005  Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>
  * Implement polymorphic write support.

Sat Jul  9 23:46:30 EDT 2005  Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>
  * Make record repository-format agnostic.

Mon Jul 11 05:26:02 EDT 2005  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
  * fix bug where we failed to convert sha1 to hex.

Mon Jul 11 06:04:29 EDT 2005  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
  * generalize Revert and Unrevert.

Mon Jul 11 06:05:31 EDT 2005  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
  * fix typo in git prefsUrl.