[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Make read/write_pending polymorphic. (and 9 more)

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu Jul 14 04:05:06 PDT 2005

Hi Ian,

Here's a patch that I think addresses your suggestions regarding the
can_read/can_write implementation.  If eliminates those functions in favor
of

read_problem :: RepoFormat -> Maybe String
write_problem :: RepoFormat -> Maybe String

and it moves the checking into withRepoLock and identifyRepository.  In
theory we could do some darcs operations on repositories that we don't know
how to read, but I don't think it's worth the effort.  This way we'll know
that any repository that has been identified can be read, and any
repository in which we take a lock can be written to, which seems about
optimal.

Note that this patch bundle doesn't include all the patches sitting in my
repository, just those that are depended upon by the latest RepoFormat
patch.  If you want a big patch bundle, just ask.

David

Sat Jul  9 21:25:15 EDT 2005  Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>
  * Make read/write_pending polymorphic.

Sat Jul  9 21:52:21 EDT 2005  Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>
  * Import GitRepo from darcs-git.
  This version has write support and support for reverse-engineering
  Darcs merges from Git merges.

Sat Jul  9 22:14:26 EDT 2005  Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>
  * Make sync_repo polymorphic.

Sat Jul  9 22:15:43 EDT 2005  Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>
  * Make writePatch and updateInventory polymorphic.

Sat Jul  9 22:38:02 EDT 2005  Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>
  * Make withRepoLock polymorphic.

Sat Jul  9 23:43:10 EDT 2005  Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>
  * Implement polymorphic write support.

Mon Jul 11 06:04:29 EDT 2005  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
  * generalize Revert and Unrevert.

Mon Jul 11 08:57:11 EDT 2005  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
  * cleanups in RepoFormat as suggested by Ian.

Tue Jul 12 10:56:43 EDT 2005  Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>
  * Generalise Pull and Apply.

Thu Jul 14 06:58:40 EDT 2005  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
  * move read/write format checks into identifyRepository and withRepoLock.