[darcs-devel] Darcs-git: works!

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Jul 15 16:51:58 PDT 2005

John Meacham <john at repetae.net>:

>> There some bug somewhere which causes three blank lines (literally
>> three) to appear out of nowhere after a very complex merge.  But other
>> than that, it looks correct.

> I have to wonder what the metaphorical or other non-literal
> interpretation of 'three' is :)

Could you lend me three quid?

> in any case, neat! I look forward to using darcs with the linux kernel.

You should be able to do that already, if you know what you're doing.
The one caveat is that Darcs-Git becomes glacially slow as soon as it
needs to reverse-engineer a complex merge -- ``darcs changes'' on the
Linux kernel should be okay, but ``darcs changes -s'' will collapse at
the first merge.

                                        Juliusz