[darcs-devel] [darcs #465] attempt to write an invalid pending

Ganesh Sittampalam via RT bugs at darcs.net
Tue Jul 19 09:38:24 PDT 2005

Tue Jul 19 12:38:22 2005: New ticket: 465.
Transaction: Ticket created by Ganesh.Sittampalam at arm.com
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: attempt to write an invalid pending
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: Ganesh.Sittampalam at arm.com
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=465 >

Fail: bug in darcs!
There was an attempt to write an invalid pending!

_darcs/patches/pending_buggy attached. Unfortunately I can't give you
the entire repository, though I can experiment with a snapshot I took
shortly after this happens, if that helps.

gsittamp at cam-linux34:~$ darcs --exact-version
darcs compiled on Jul  5 2005, at 01:30:47
# configured Tue Jul 5 01:24:24 BST 2005
sh ./configure

Context:

[Give an author when recording in tests/pull_binary.sh
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050701181818]

[atomically overwrite files in DarcsIO when creating a file.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050618173853]

[fix overly specific error message test in pull.pl.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050701150742]

[add test for pulling a binary patch with conflicting working directory
removal.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050628121211]

[Need CInt type even when we don't HAVE_CURL
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050701174843]

[license aclocal.m4 with a more liberal license.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050622123111
 For the curious, I've gotten Benedikt and Will's permission for this
 change, who I believe are the only two other copyright holders on this
 file.
]

[Fix types in SlurpDirectory
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050622022044]

[Fix types in SignalHandler
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050622021728]

[Fix types in SelectChanges
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050622021545]

[Fix type in Lock.lhs
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050621205228]

[Fix types of curses functions
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050621174621]

[Fix some types in Exec.lhs
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050621174238]

[Fix up types in get_curl
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050621173131]

[Remove redundant sift_for_pending
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050621173121]
[update web page to reflect new stable release (1.0.3)
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050524225643]

[Teach apply how to handle ChangePref patches
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050615023428]

[Make more RepoPrefs functions generic in their Monad
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050615023359]

[Make some repo prefs functions generic in the Monad they use
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050615022455]

[Add m{Write,Read}BinFile, mDoes{Directory,File}Exist to DarcsIO
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050615022310]

[Fall back to the inefficient, but safe, separate_middle_last_from_first
defn.
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050615010549]

[Don't define our lex function separately for PackedStrings, and take it
out of Stringalike itself
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050615024343]

[Remove '\n's from Docs, and remove some unwanted spaces
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050615003925]

[format error to be easier to read
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050604231330

 Before this change, the description ran directly into the patch name,
like
 this:

    Couldn't read patch Wed Jul ...

]

[provide a clue with there is an error applying patch to recorded.
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050604230334]

[quit recommend 'get --verbose'
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050605004133

 Get now gives nice feedback by default, a continually updating with
feedback
 like:
   Copying patch 13 of 135

 --verbose additionally shows the patch IDS, which most people won't
care about.

 So the --verbose recommedation is no longer needed.
]
[Tidy up after tests
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050604193114]

[Fix test warnings
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050604193054]

[RT#413: add TODO test for bug: add should return an error when files
can't be read.
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050602161701]

[RT#414: test case for 'record' failing when there are multiple files
with permissions problems.
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050602163139]

[GNUmakefile: update predist to copy Context.hs instead of c_context.c
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050525093936]

[move some of predist commands to GNUmakefile, to the predist target
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050525090659]

[add sal_last
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050518194617]

[TAG darcs unstable 2005-05-29