[darcs-devel] [darcs #471] Shall I record this patch? (1/?)

via RT bugs at darcs.net
Tue Jul 26 04:26:07 PDT 2005

Tue Jul 26 07:26:03 2005: New ticket: 471.
Transaction: Ticket created by guest
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: Shall I record this patch? (1/?)
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: Joeri
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=471 >

When recording changes with the newest Darcs on the darcs-stable branch,
Darcs no longer gives the total number of changes:

Shall I record this patch? (1/?)

Darcs version:

darcs compiled on Jul 25 2005, at 15:33:14
# configured Mon Jul 25 15:31:24 CEST 2005
./configure --prefix /home/jvr/stow/roundy-darcs --no-create --no-recursion

Context:

[fix bug in get_patches_beyond_tag that broke get --partial.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050723125507
 The bug was that we sometimes looked at patches that weren't strictly
 necesary.  This was because of the concat in get_patches_beyond_tag, which
 loses information about tag dependencies.  A clean implementation of a
 get_extra that accepts a true PatchSet would be a nicer fix (since it might
 fix other similar problems), but this fix is also correct and simple.
]

[add changelog entry for get --partial fix.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050723130715]

[scrunch up the tla/cvs tables a bit in the manual.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050724181011]

[another alternative formatting for cvs/tla tables.
Erik Schnetter <schnetter at aei.mpg.de>**20050724134656]

[alternative formatting for cvs/tla tables.
Erik Schnetter <schnetter at aei.mpg.de>**20050724113905]

[make add/remove --list-options not output preceding ./
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050723134758
 We were treating the repository root differently from subdirectories
 because the file paths didn't need to get "fixed".  Addresses bug #158.
]

[fix unit test that prompts for input
Will <will at glozer.net>**20050722181028]

[Make DarcsRepo.add_to_inventory take a list.
Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>**20050720174029
 This avoids opening the inventory multiple times.  Thanks to Ian for
the hint.
]

[Use mapM_ instead of the comprehensible alternative.
Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>**20050720164258
 Mentioning mapM_ always impresses people at dinner parties.  Thanks to
 Ian for the hint.
]

[Move iterateGitTree out of the IO monad.
Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>**20050720162841
 We're reading immutable on-disk data, it's safe to do it unsafely.
]

[Clean up usage of interleaveIO in Git.
Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>**20050720162251]

[fix write_problem to show all problems.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050717110628]

[don't import head and tail, which are in the prelude.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050716143547]

[Rename bound variable in fromJust macro.
Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>**20050716221705
 Avoids ``shadows existing variable'' warnings which for some reason are
 errors.

 Could we please use Lisp macros instead?
]

[TAG 2005-07-18
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050718193534]

[put configure.ac back in the public domain.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050720115702]

[fix error in name of --reorder-patches flag.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050722110752]

[Push and pull can now show the detailed diffs of patches
Jim Radford <radford at blackbean.org>**20050717042645
 The same distinction is now made between --summary and --verbose
 as changes makes.
]

[advance DARCS_VERSION to 1.0.4pre2.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050720115536
 In the new tradition of changing the version after a release rather than
 before a release (although when the release type changes to rc or actual
 release it'll have to be done before the release).
]

[drop $srcdir use; build-directories aren't supported anyway
Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to>**20050719140044]

[clean generated manual files at realclean
Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to>**20050719135935]

[cosmetic changes
Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to>**20050719135834]

[move comment to the right place
Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to>**20050719135818]

[let config.status generate config.command
Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to>**20050719135733]

[make use of autoconf 2.5x's AC_INIT macro
Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to>**20050719135611]

[use ./config.status to re-configure build after autoconf changes
Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to>**20050719135435]

[update distclean and realclean targets
Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to>**20050719135415]

[canonize simons at cryp.to
Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to>**20050719134834]

[cosmetic change
Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to>**20050719134816]

[update test suite to work with Peter's makefile changes.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050721102319]

[TAG 1.0.4pre1
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050718112234]