[darcs-devel] darcs patch: changed ***DARCS*** to ***END OF DESCRIPTION***

Erik Schnetter schnetter at aei.mpg.de
Sun Jul 31 11:13:55 PDT 2005

On Sunday 31 July 2005 20:00, Jason Dagit wrote:
> -                            $$ text "Everything in this file from
> the above ***DARCS*** line on will be ignored." +
>        $$ text ("Everything in this file from the above "++eod++"
> line on will be ignored.")

It turns out that this message is very easy to misread.  If you miss the
"from the" part, you think that everything above the ***DARCS*** line
will be ignored; of course, just the opposite is true.

And since this is the patch name, I found a confused user with patches
without names.  Which he didn't notice before he pushed them.  Just a
beginner's mistake, but it took me several minutes to spot the
oversight.

Can we omit the word "above"?

"Everything in this file below the line marked "++eod++" will be
ignored"

-erik

--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter at aei.mpg.de>   http://www.aei.mpg.de/~eschnett/