[darcs-devel] RT spam

Jason Dagit dagit at eecs.oregonstate.edu
Tue Jun 7 09:58:58 PDT 2005

David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> writes:

> Suggestions are welcome (especially by people with a clear idea how to
> implement them).

What about sending things through spamassasin?  It may catch some of
the spam.  If nothing else, the list could have to go through spam
assassin, the problem with just that much work is that they would
still get into the bug tracking software.  If I knew more about the RT
system perhaps I could offer advice about that.

The basic idea is to reject bugs that spam assassin thinks are spam.
Or maybe you could put them in a different category from normal bugs
and not send out an announcement about them. Then someone could check
that category periodically for false positives.

Jason