[darcs-devel] "query manifest" branch updated to darcs-unstable

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Jun 8 04:09:56 PDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 10:39:29PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've updated my "query manifest" branch at
>
>   <http://darcs.enyo.de/fw/darcs/manifest/>
>
> to darcs-unstable.  Please let me know if there's anything which would
> prevent a merge.

It mostly looks good to me (unsurprising, as you talked with me a lot while
working on this).  There are a couple of rollbacks in there that I wouldn't
pull if I were Ian:

Document "changes" as "query changes"

and

Document "annotate" as "query annotate"

In both cases, I'd just not pull either the original patch or the
rolled-back patch.  If you unpulled these (or created a new manifest
repository that didn't have them), it'd make it easier for him (assuming he
agrees with me).

On the subject of

  * Remove --disable on supercommands

what is the reason for this? I can't see why we'd want to disable query,
but I also don't see a reason in principle to not allow disable on
supercommands...

On

Tue May 10 01:49:31 EDT 2005  Florian Weimer <fw at deneb.enyo.de>
  * Do not mention file name in error message for disabled commands

  We have multiple configuration files, and we do not know tat this point which
  file contains the "disable" option.

perhaps we'd want to add a parenthetical remark suggesting
_darcs/prefs/defaults as a possibility, or pointing at least to the word
"defaults"?

As I say, on the whole it looks great.  Hopefully once this is in people
will start thinking of other query commands that they would find useful.
http://www.darcs.net