[darcs-devel] Re: RT spam

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Jun 9 18:03:12 PDT 2005

On 2005-06-07, Eric Sandall <eric at sandall.us> wrote:

> Is there a reason you're using RT instead of Bugzilla or any other bug
> tracker (e.g. Tracs)? I believe most of them (I know Bugzilla does)
> require a valid account to create/modify a bug.

We are using RT partly because I recommended and knew it work well
enough.  I agree it's not ideal, but there are some relatively
straightforward things we can do to improve it. For one, it can be
upgraded from 3.0 to 3.4. That process has already started, but needs
some attention.

There are other interface improvements which can even be made to the
current version, but haven't been gotten to yet.

I think it could be worth starting a page on the wiki to collect
wishs/complaints that people have the bug tracking system so the most
important, annoying things can be addressed.

You can start that if you want.

I bugzilla is overkill for us-- too big and complex. I do use bugzilla
on some other projects myself.

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/