[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Add --dont-binary-diff-based-on-content which causes D...

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Tue Jun 14 17:55:32 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 08:28:30AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 12:26:37AM +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:
>
> > I think it's an improvement anyway (so I'll take a patch to do this) as
> > the above scenario is fairly unlikely, but despite what was said in
> > another thread (IIRC) I think a solution more along the lines of boring
> > regexps is the better long-term solution.
>
> I disagree... but I'm thinking that perhaps you've forgotten that we've
> already got the _darcs/prefs/binaries regexps in place?

You're quite right!

Given this I'd have thought having regexps for things that /aren't/
binaries, no matter what they contain, shouldn't be too difficult or
ugly, but I haven't looked at the code. We might also want to allow
interspersing the two in a single file if we went this route.

Regardless, a flag to allow you to do this as a one-off without having
to jump through hoops still sounds worthwhile to me, but now makes sense
for the long-term too  :-)

Thanks
Ian