[darcs-users] Re: [darcs-devel] [darcs #452] Filenames displayed relative to pruning directory

Jean Jordaan jean at upfrontsystems.co.za
Sat Jun 25 05:47:46 PDT 2005

 > I think that displaying filenames relative to the pruning directory
 > isn't a reasonable option.

Agreed.

 > That leaves two possibilities.  Either we leave filenames relative to
 > the root of the repository, or we make them relative to the current
 > directory.  I prefer the former.

Maybe there's a third way. darcs could output (note the space):

jean at klippie tuxlabs $ darcs whatsnew
{
hunk repodir/a/b/c/ currentdir/d/e/cookbook.dbk.xml 40
-    <emphasis>tuXlab</emphasis> after the Linux mascot,

Or have one line mentioning where we are relative to the repodir,
and have subsequent filenames start from the current dir.

I really don't like the idea of paths shown being unusable from
where I am now without having to adjust them to my position relative
to the repo dir.

--
Jean Jordaan