[darcs-users] Re: [darcs-devel] [darcs #452] Filenames displayed relative to pruning directory

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sun Jun 26 07:21:26 PDT 2005

On Saturday 25 June 2005 13:42, David Roundy wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 09:31:16PM -0400,  via RT wrote:
> > The conclusion was that filenames should be displayed relative to the
> > pruning directory.
>
> This isn't so clear to me.

My proposal on the darcs-user ML (which IIRC most people agreed with)
was to have
darcs what
print output relative to the repo-root, and without the './' at the start.
alternatively a
darcs what $foo $bar
will print output like
A $foo/baz
M $bar/baz

Effectively all output of a whatsnew with argument dirs will be relative
to the working dir and therefor will need to be distinctive to have the
argument in front of all output so its really relative to the current
dir.

There was an alternative proposal that basically puts a "./" in front of
every entry in a relative-dir listing to make it distinct that we are now
listing a current dir.
So;
cd src
darcs whatsnew foo
will print
M ./foo/baz
and darcs whatsnew
will print
M src/foo/baz

Hope this explains the proposal a bit better :)
--
Thomas Zander