[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Remove redundant sift_for_pending (and 1 more)

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Thu Jun 30 08:47:25 PDT 2005

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 07:13:08AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 06:48:44PM +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> >
> > Try to evaluate the diff, which requires reading the mmapped data which
> > now points at a non-existant file. SIGBUS.
>
> The catch with this explanation is that I don't believe it works that way.

Hmm, I think I must have got confused between my ftruncate and unlink
testing.

So your patch sounds like the right thing to do, although I think we
might still need something like at the top of this thread for Windows?

However, your patch changes:

pull.....................ok
        1/11 unexpectedly succeeded

into:

pull.....................ok 2/11
#     Failed test (pull.pl at line 44)
#                   '
# darcs failed:  user error (Error applying patch to working dir:
# takeFile ./one/date.t-0 in /home/igloo/darcs-unstable/tests/temp1: permission denied (Permission denied))
# This may have left your working directory an inconsistent
# but recoverable state. If you had no un-recorded changes
# by using 'darcs revert' you should be able to make your
# working directory consistent again.
#
#
# Pulling from "../temp2"...
# '
#     doesn't match '(?i-xsm:one/date\.t: openBinaryFile: permission denied)'
pull.....................ok 7/11# Looks like you failed 1 test of 11.
        Test returned status 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
DIED. FAILED test 3
        Failed 1/11 tests, 90.91% okay

Also, the test seems to sit waiting for input if I don't have your patch
applied.

Thanks
Ian