[darcs-devel] Optimizing "darcs diff"

Kannan Goundan cakoose at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 6 13:43:16 PST 2005

David:

There are two attachments.

stylistic-change.darcs: A patch in addition to my original two.

prune-diff.darcs: New versions of my original patches (along with a
conflict resolution patch).  Since there were some not-really-real
patch dependencies, I had to unrecord your "resolve conflict with
symlink ..." patch (along with my two patches).

I'm not sure which one you prefer.  I kinda like the second one
because I think it results in fewer dependencies, but it is also more
complicated (and I'm also not sure if it's OK to mess with the main
Darcs repo the same way I had to mess with mine).

BTW, I tried using "darcs record --ask-deps" when creating the first
patch and I think it got stuck in an infinite loop.  I let it run for
around half an hour and it didn't complete.  Without "--ask-deps",
the record works fine.

Another BTW: I'm not sure how Darcs detects conflicts, but would we
get fewer of them if GHC allowed commas after the last item in an
import/export list?  Maybe it would help to add a dummy export to the
end of every export list to suck up the last comma-less entry.  Then
again, the Haskell community seems to love Darcs; maybe you could use
your star power to lobby for a syntax change :)

- Kannan

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!