[darcs-devel] [darcs #248] argh. source code lost

zooko at zooko.com via RT bugs at darcs.net
Mon Mar 7 17:26:16 PST 2005

Mon Mar 07 20:26:15 2005: New ticket: 248.
Transaction: Ticket created by zooko at zooko.com
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: argh.  source code lost
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: zooko at zooko.com
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=248 >

On Mac, using darcs 1.0.2+.  whatsnew showed changes to some "binary"
files.  I did darcs record, accidentally put "q" as the patch name, and
when was facing the "long log entry yn" prompt.  I accidentally hit
"n", then hit C-c several times in quick succession.  Twice it printed
out "couldn't stop because darcs was in a sensitive job", and then it
exited.  Now there is no new patch added to the repo, but whatsnew
shows that those binary files are no longer changed.

:-(

Ah, I see that darcs check reports inconsistencies.  Now we'll see if
darcs repair restores my changes.

Well, it looks like this is going to take a while.  I'm submitting this
bug report now, and later I'll update it as to what happened with the
darcs repair.

--Z