[darcs-devel] 'make test' being used and working on non-Unixy systems?

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Tue Mar 8 16:05:13 PST 2005

Hello,

I've got some new ideas about how to make test suite by more portable,
by depending on external shell features less and doing more in Perl.

However, no one has complained that the test suite isn't running for
them. I suppose this would mostly affect some Windows users or
developers.

So, are there Windows users out there who have tried 'make test' and
found it didn't work?

It could also be related that 'make test' seems to be nearly
undocumented, so you would have to make some effort to discover and
try it.

It could be a good way to catch OS-specific issues before a binary is
created and in use.

If I hear that some people have problems running 'make test' due to
their environment, perhaps I can work on implementing some of those
updates.

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/