[darcs-devel] [darcs #253] Disintegrate test target

via RT bugs at darcs.net
Thu Mar 10 10:22:05 PST 2005

Thu Mar 10 13:22:01 2005: New ticket: 253.
Transaction: Ticket created by guest
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: Disintegrate test target
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors:
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=253 >

The test target runs three different types of tests.  Perl, shell and
unit.  This patch creates a target for each off them for clarity and so
they can be run separately.

This also runs the Perl tests under Test::Harness so there's a nice
summary.  I believe a similar change has already been done.  Note this
reveals a number of warnings in the Perl tests (this is good).

Finally, I have put the shell tests last because its almost impossible
for someone not intimate with the test suite to figure out what's going
on with those.

This is against 1.0.2.

This patch is a first in a series to have "make test" produce
understandable output.