[darcs-devel] darcs patch: get rid of commute_to_before in remove_f... (and 1 more)

'Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Sun Mar 13 07:14:24 PST 2005

I made write_patch only rewrite patches if they have changed.
I tried to time it, and there seems to be less then 1% extra
time when writing only new patches.  This will of course vary
(maybe much) with how much of the time I/O takes on a system.

I also tried a version with two functions: write_patch
and rewrite_patch, since it is always known in the calling
function if the written patches are new or old, but maybe
this will change some time in the future.

I just thought of that if I unpull a patch and then pull
it back (from a local repo), this new write_patch will find
the undeleted hard link for the patch and simply reuse it,
which would speak in favor of the single write_patch version.

Sat Mar 12 13:44:42 CET 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * get rid of commute_to_before in remove_from_unrevert_context
  as suggested by David Roundy

Sun Mar 13 15:17:22 CET 2005  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
  * write_patch reads old patch and only writes if new or changed