[darcs-devel] [darcs #281] Bug while pulling new changes

Armin Burgmeier via RT bugs at darcs.net
Tue Mar 15 15:30:11 PST 2005

Tue Mar 15 18:30:08 2005: New ticket: 281.
Transaction: Ticket created by armin at arbur.net
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: Bug while pulling new changes
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: armin at arbur.net
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=281 >

Hi there,

I was just pulling 8 new changes from a darcs repos when I got the
following message:

Sun Mar  6 10:05:05 CET 2005  Philipp Kern <phil at 0x539.de>
   * Added libtool binary compatibility version
Shall I pull this patch? (1/8) [ynWvxqadjk], or ? for help: a
We have conflicts in the following files:
./inc/address.hpp ./inc/client.hpp ./inc/connection.hpp ./inc/packet.hpp
./inc/server.hpp ./src/address.cpp ./src/connection.cpp ./src/packet.cpp
./src/server.cpp ./test/conn.cpp ./test/select.cpp

Fail: bug in darcs!
There was an attempt to write an invalid pending!
If possible, please send the contents of _darcs/pending_buggy along
with a bug report.
Please report this to bugs at darcs.net
If possible include the output of 'darcs --exact-version'.

However, the file _darcs/pending_buggy does not exist. darcs
--exact-version outputs the following:

darcs compiled on Mar  2 2005, at 10:56:16
unknown

I guess this does not supply the information you intended; but I may say
I am using darcs 1.0.2 on x86_64 under a Gentoo Linux operating system.

These conflicts were changes I made in school without having pushed them
into the repos. Later on, I copied those changes to another box and
pushed from there. Pulling them now from the first machine, where they
were already done, I got the described problem.

I hope this bug report helps you; if you need some more information,
just ask for them.

Regards,
Armin