[darcs-devel] identical changes conflict

Deliverable Mail deliverable at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 12:11:24 PST 2005

Greetings -- I repost my thread from darcs-users here since it leads to a patch.

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:23:57 +0000 (UTC), Aaron Denney <wnoise at ofb.net> wrote:
> This has been brought up before.  It is in fact necessary that they
> conflict, given how darcs works.  See
> http://www.darcs.net/pipermail/darcs-users/2004-December/004649.html

In that thread, David Roundy answers that darcs used to be "smart"
about resolving identical change conflicts.
So it seems that making an --auto-resolve-identical patch should not
be too involved, if that "smart" behavior can be forward-ported.  If
that's the case, can someone please point out the way to do it for a
Haskell and darcs beginner?  I.e., I need a way to pull the snapshot
of the elderly "smart-resolving" darcs, and know where the relevant
code is.

Cheers,
Alexy