[darcs-devel] breakage with GHC-6.4; new version plans?

Gregory Wright gwright at comcast.net
Tue Mar 29 07:36:50 PST 2005

Hi,

I maintain the ghc port  under the darwinports system on Mac OS X.
The recent change to 6.4 broke the darcs port, as noted on this list
earlier.

I was wondering when what the plans are for a new release to fix this.
I understand that the problem is fixed in the darcs repository, but
darwinports
does not support fetches via darcs, and it is a general policy only to
build stable ports from official releases.

A couple users have noticed the breakage and ask when we (i.e,
darwinports)
are going to fix this.  Could you give us a hint about when a new
version
will be released to fix the 6.4 build problem?  Even knowing that it
will
be a long time would be helpful, since we could simply mark the port
as broken and users wouldn't report mysterious failures to us.

Best Wishes,

Greg

Gregory Wright
gwright at comcast.net