[darcs-devel] [darcs #376] not passing +RTS options along to child processes?

Zooko via RT bugs at darcs.net
Wed May 4 09:13:49 PDT 2005

Wed May 04 12:13:47 2005: New ticket: 376.
Transaction: Ticket created by zooko
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: not passing +RTS options along to child processes?
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: zooko at zooko.com
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=376 >

Does darcs invoke itself sometimes, for example during a "get"?  And does it
neglect to pass along the "+RTS -K512M" command-line option when it does?
That would explain why I did a get and got a stack overflow saying that the
size of the stack was 80001 bytes, then I passed "+RTS -K512M" and the get
proceeded further along and then I got a stack overflow saying that the size
of the stack was 80001 bytes, and then I did "export GHCRTS='-K512M'" and ran
the get again and it worked.

Regards,

Zooko