[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Add "darcs inventory"

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Sat May 7 10:13:02 PDT 2005

* David Roundy:

> On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 06:39:21PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> (Pleae let me know if there is anything which prevents the inclusion
>> of this patch or its dependencies in the stable branch.  Thanks.)
>
> I don't see a problem, except that we're (hopefully) too close to a release
> at the moment.

Oh, I understand.

>> hunk ./darcs.lhs 790
>> +\input{QueryManifest.lhs}
>> +
>
> I'd prefer to put the docs for subcommands in the super command itself,
> i.e. put the \input{QueryManifest.lhs} in Query.lhs.  This will simplify
> reordering of the top-level \input's.

Currently, "query changes" is documented in another section of the
manual.  I wasn't sure if this could happen for other query commands
as well, that's why I didn't want to move the "Advanced examination"
section to Query.lhs.

If you still want to collect all the query commands in a single place,
it might make sense to move the "darcs whatsnew" documentation to the
"Modify the contents of a repo" section, and include "darcs query
changes" under "Advanced examination".