[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Add "darcs inventory"

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat May 7 10:14:04 PDT 2005

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 07:13:02PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * David Roundy:
> >> hunk ./darcs.lhs 790
> >> +\input{QueryManifest.lhs}
> >> +
> >
> > I'd prefer to put the docs for subcommands in the super command itself,
> > i.e. put the \input{QueryManifest.lhs} in Query.lhs.  This will simplify
> > reordering of the top-level \input's.
>
> Currently, "query changes" is documented in another section of the
> manual.  I wasn't sure if this could happen for other query commands
> as well, that's why I didn't want to move the "Advanced examination"
> section to Query.lhs.

Well, you'll notice that I also changes as a top-level command.  We may or
may not prefer to have duplication within the query command, but I doubt
we'll remove changes from the top level--it's just too commonly used.

I guess I'm pretty flexible, but for commands which *only* exist under
changes, I'd prefer them to have their docs included directly within
Query.lhs.

> If you still want to collect all the query commands in a single place,
> it might make sense to move the "darcs whatsnew" documentation to the
> "Modify the contents of a repo" section, and include "darcs query
> changes" under "Advanced examination".

I'm not sure what I'd want in detail.  I'd rather leave the documentation
ordering to someone else actually...
http://www.darcs.net