[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Add "darcs inventory"

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Sat May 7 15:52:07 PDT 2005

* Ian Lynagh:

> I'm not sure --verbose is the right way to distinguish between these.
> Perhaps new flags --files/--no-files/--directories/--no-directories or
> something (we should make it easy to cope with symlinks in the future)?

I've added these options.

> Default to listing everything is probably simplest.

Usually, a manifest file does not list directories, doesn't it?
Therefore, I've made --no-directories the default.  But I can change
this easily.

> Also, I think that by default it should only list files that are added
> in the current repo state, not those just added in pending. A
> --after-pending flag would then give you what you want.

What about --with-pending and --only-recorded?  This has to wait until
tomorrow, I'm afraid.

> A --null/-0 to separate filenames by NULs rather than newlines would
> probably also be sensible for safe scripting purposes. We might also
> want to escape odd characters in filenames for when it's being read by
> humans.

Both are implemented, sort of (see also my SlurpDirectory question).

I've created a public repository from which you can pull the patches
(including David's subcommand work):

  <http://darcs.enyo.de/fw/darcs/manifest/>