[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Add "darcs inventory"

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Mon May 9 01:18:53 PDT 2005

* David Roundy:

>> It might be possible to deprecate it: Do not mention it the manual and
>> the --help output, but still support it indefinitely.  What do you
>> think?
>
> Well, I'm afraid if we did that, we'd just have users asking us to create a
> shorter alias for query changes.

Is "query changes" used very often?  In this case, I agree it doesn't
make sense to promote the new alias.  In fact, I think it's probably
better to remove the "query changes" alias because it's potentially
confusing.

What about "annotate"?  I'd like to deprecate "darcs annotate" (and no
longer list it under "darcs --help") in favorite of "darcs query
annotate".

> I certainly think query whatsnew would be ridiculous...

Agreed (and I didn't intend to propose such a change).