[darcs-devel] Dead code

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Sun May 15 04:26:38 PDT 2005

On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 05:36:38PM +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:

> Ooops, the context string interferes a bit. Replacing:
>
> >               uses = st_uses st
>
> with:
>
>                 uses = Map.delete "context" $ st_uses st
>
> makes it better. Adds these:
>
>     Autoconf.libexecdir

Hmmmm.  This seems less useful.

>     FastPackedString.mapPS

It could go.

>     FileSystem.make_executable

Seems like a keeper to me.  One way or another, we'd like to get executable
bits set... It's not hard to reimplement, but why bother removing and
reimplementing?

>  *  PatchChoices.pull_lasts

Okay.

>     PatchCommute.new_elegant_merge
>     PatchCommute.subfn
>     PatchCommute.submerge_in_dir

All used in darcs-conflicts.

>     PatchCore.patchname

Does seem silly.

>     PopulationData.getPopFrom

See previous email on Population.

>  *  Printer.backslash
>     Pristine.slurpInfinitePristines
>     Repository.maybe_slurp_recorded
>     Repository.slurp_recordeds
>     Repository.surely_slurpInfinitePristines
>     SlurpDirectory.co_slurp_ballsout
>     SlurpDirectory.getModTime
>     SlurpDirectory.get_slurp_context_list
>     SlurpDirectory.mmapSlurpInfinite
>     SlurpDirectory.mmap_co_slurp_ballsout
>     SlurpDirectory.slurpInfinite

Okay.

> I wonder if we would also be best removing all the WX code.

I'd lean against it, perhaps partly because I put so much time into it.  I
keep thinking that some day wxhaskell will be packaged for debian, and
would like to keep the barrier to reimplementing this stuff as low as
possible.  It's amazingly nice being to see all the selected patches at
once, and to click on one patch and see immediately which other patches
were required by it.
http://www.darcs.net