[darcs-devel] [darcs #396] 'darcs record' should respect registered files

via RT bugs at darcs.net
Wed May 18 20:34:10 PDT 2005

Wed May 18 23:34:07 2005: New ticket: 396.
Transaction: Ticket created by guest
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: 'darcs record' should respect registered files
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: rho at swiftdsl.com.au
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=396 >

'darcs record foo' should work when foo is a registered but non-existant
file.

If I want to record the removal of a previously added and recorded file,
I should be able to specify it as an arguement to 'darcs record'.  (In
fact the command line completion code says I can, it just doesn't work.)

For example:-
$ mkdir foo
$ cd foo
$ darcs initialize
$ touch bar frotz
$ darcs add bar frotz
$ darcs record --patch-name "add bar and frotz" --all bar frotz
Recording changes in "bar" "frotz":
Finished recording patch 'add bar and frotz'
$ rm bar frotz
$ darcs whatsnew --summary
R ./bar
R ./frotz
$ darcs record --patch-name "remove bar" --all bar
Non existent files or directories: "bar"
darcs failed:  None of the files you specified exist!
$

The last 'darcs record' should have worked despite the non-existance of
bar, since it was already a known file.

Unfortunatly I cannot wrap my brain around haskell,
(and "A Gentle Introduction to Haskell" *ISN'T*) so I can't
contribute code.