[darcs-devel] Build change for Darcs-git

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Thu May 19 06:51:00 PDT 2005

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 09:12:51AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 06:46:40PM +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> > Note to anyone using Darcs-git: from now on you need to
> > ``configure --enable-git'' in order to get Git support.
>
> As I said, I'd *really* like to get your changes into darcs-unstable so you
> can benefit from Ian's work (which in my opinion considerably simplifies
> code, abstracting more into pristine--with applyToPristine--where they
> belong).  But right now the only way I can see this happening is if you do
> some serious unrecording followed by rerecording of your patches.  Is this
> something you'd be willing to do?

Another alternative might be to give up on the history, add the Git
files into a clean darcs-unstable and then make the changes necessary to
the rest of darcs-unstable. It's been a few days since I looked at it,
but my memory is that the changes to non-git files were fairly few and
routine, and you can be guided from a diff to your current tree. Would
this be easier, and would the history loss be acceptable?

(it's a bit disappointing for darcs if this turns out to be the best
way, of course, but then this is caused by known bugs that we are
working on fixing)

Thanks
Ian