[darcs-devel] darcs patch: During tests, do not exit silently when ... (and 2 more)

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Tue Nov 8 04:10:51 PST 2005

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 09:03:36PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> This fixes the latent test suite bug I recently reported on darcs-users.
> I'm not quite sure if the final patch is correct, but based on the
> option description, I wouldn't expect darcs to ask for confirmation
> when "darcs revert -a" is invoked.

Thanks!  Indeed, you are correct regarding the revert -a behavior, that was
a change that was made some time since 1.0.3 (which was intentional, not a
bug).

> Using the File::Temp module needs Perl 5.6.1.  Hopefully, this is okay.

Will it exit with a nice error message if perl 5.6.1 isn't available? I
see, actually 5.6.1 is pretty old (sarge has 5.8.4), so I think that's fine
(although I trust someone will speak up if their system doesn't have perl
5.6.1).

> +    my $superfluous = <$fh>;
> +    unlink $filename;
> +    die "darcs did not read all input\n" if $superfluous;

Won't this fail to die if the superfluous file starts with a newline? I'm
also wondering, does the test harness handle die properly (i.e. report it
as an error)?
http://www.darcs.net