[darcs-devel] Emacs and editing under _darcs/ [was: English and markup fixes.]

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Mon Nov 14 10:55:01 PST 2005

[CC-ing darcs-users]

> It looks like you opened up _darcs/current/Unrecord.lhs with emacs,
> which had the unfortunate result of corrupting your repository
> (which is way too easy to do).

While we're on the subject: the current version of vc-darcs.el will no
longer let you to do that (it will require confirmation, and offer to
edit the corresponding working-dir file instead).  So please upgrade
your copy of vc-darcs.el, and make sure you read the instructions at
the beginning of the file.

  http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/repos/vc-darcs/

FYI, vc-darcs is an integration of Darcs into Emacs' VC
infrastructure.  It's very non-invasive: unless you use the
VC-specific commands, the only things you'll notice is the file's
status in the status line, and the fact that backup files are not
created by default for Darcs-controlled files.

                                        Juliusz