[darcs-devel] [issue8] Darcs record fails with big record on Windows

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Nov 16 05:18:38 PST 2005

Adding to the bug report that Will has also seen this.

Will Glozer wrote:
> I've been experiencing the same problem importing a very large tree
> with many binary files as a single changeset.  I've been testing with
> the following archive contents:
>
>  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jboss/jboss-4.0.3SP1.tar.bz2?download

I've tested this tarball (which seemed faster to download) on linux and
haven't had a problem, and I think Will said it worked fine on MacOS X.

I ran

darcs initialize
darcs record -al -m foo

Would that be enough to trigger the bug on Windows?

It would also be a good idea to just try running on linux or MacOS mmap
disabled, just to increase the similarity with the windows scenario.  (But
I don't have time for this today--I wasted some time fixing a bug in the
nosy keywords, which should have added me to the nosy list for this bug.)
http://www.darcs.net