[darcs-devel] Re: [issue11] Roundup doesn't grok replies from Darcs-Devel

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Fri Nov 18 06:08:58 PST 2005

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 05:13:35PM +0000, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> When replying to a Roundup message on Darcs-Devel, your subject line
> looks like this:
>
>   Subject: Re: [darcs-devel] [issue10] ...
>
> The [darcs-devel] confuses Roundup, which takes it for the report's
> tag.  The proper tag is of course [issue10].
>
> Would it be possible to cause Roundup to ignore any [darcs-devel]
> prefix?

It's definitely possible.  I looked at where the code is that parses
command prefixes, and I don't see how we can fix this in a way that won't
break when roundup is upgraded...  :( On the other hand, any fix would be a
good thing.

Another option (which is also fragile and hacky) would be to configure the
darcs-devel mailing list to not prefix the subject with [darcs-devel].
That's not really necesary as mail readers are perfectly capable of
informing us which list an email was sent to.

I'm not sure which approach would be better.
http://www.darcs.net