[darcs-devel] [patch] darcs pull --dry-run --summary giving ambiguous output

Edwin Thomson edwin.thomson at businesswebsoftware.com
Wed Nov 23 08:35:51 PST 2005

Hello

In darcs 1.0.4 and above, there is no guaranteed way to distinguish
between the end of a long comment and the start of the changes list when
doing a pull with summary view. For example, the following patch has as
the long comment "Something\n\n  M ./me.txt -1 + 456":

Wed Nov 23 11:09:39 GMT 2005  edwint
   * Evil long comment
   Something

     M ./me.txt -1 +456
     M ./New Text Document.txt -1 +1

I have the following patch for it, which puts a blank line between the
long comment and the rest, making the output the same as what you get
for changes --summary.

Wed Nov 23 16:27:17 GMT 2005  edwin.thomson at businesswebsoftware.com
   * Add newline between long comment and changed files list in dry-run
summary

Edwin