[darcs-devel] [issue19] directory conflict error should report path involved

Mark Stosberg bugs at darcs.net
Wed Nov 23 16:31:52 PST 2005

New submission from Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>:

I got this error today with Darcs 1.0.4:

darcs failed:  user error (Error applying patch to working dir:
createDirectory: already exists (File exists))
This may have left your working directory an inconsistent
but recoverable state. If you had no un-recorded changes
by using 'darcs revert' you should be able to make your
working directory consistent again.

####

I understand why it's happening--- I already had a local directory that a patch
added.

It would be ideal to proceed despite this, since it's not really a problem from
my perspective.

However, as long as there is an error, it should let me know /which/ directory
has the problem, since there may be several potential ones.

In a minute I'll send a patch to darcs-devel that includes a test case this and
includes this issue number in the patch name.

nosy: droundy, markstos, tommy
priority: wishlist
status: unread
title: directory conflict error should report path involved