[darcs-devel] [issue25] Darcs annotate giving odd results

Edwin bugs at darcs.net
Mon Nov 28 02:13:26 PST 2005

New submission from Edwin <edwin.thomson at businesswebsoftware.com>:

I'm not sure whether this is really a bug, or just darcs not behaving in the way
I'd expect. "darcs annotate filename" doesn't give the name, date etc of the
last modifying patch. This is with 1.0.5rc1 on Windows.
An example of this happening (using cygwin's shell, because it makes things
easier to do, but the same thing happens when it's done in cmd.exe):

[edwint: ...c/New Folder]$ mkdir test
[edwint: ...c/New Folder]$ cd test
[edwint: ...New Folder/test]$ darcs init
[edwint: ...New Folder/test]$ cat > x
line 1
line 2
[edwint: ...New Folder/test]$ darcs add x
[edwint: ...New Folder/test]$ darcs record
addfile ./x
Shall I record this patch? (1/?) [ynWsfqadjkc], or ? for help: y

hunk ./x 1
+line 1
+line 2
Shall I record this patch? (2/?) [ynWsfqadjkc], or ? for help: y

What is the patch name? Created x
Do you want to add a long comment? [yn] n

Finished recording patch 'Created x'
[edwint: ...New Folder/test]$ cat >> x
Line 3
[edwint: ...New Folder/test]$ darcs record
hunk ./x 3
+Line 3
Shall I record this patch? (1/?) [ynWsfqadjkc], or ? for help: y

What is the patch name? Changed x
Do you want to add a long comment? [yn] n

Finished recording patch 'Changed x'
[edwint: ...New Folder/test]$ darcs annotate x
# File x created by [Created x
# edwint**20051128095010]  as ./x
# Following line added by [Created x
# edwint**20051128095010]
 line 1
# Following line added by [Created x
# edwint**20051128095010]
 line 2
+Line 3

There is no reference to anything that would make it possible to find out what
patch actually added the "Line 3"

Edwin

nosy: droundy, edwint, tommy
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Darcs annotate giving odd results