[darcs-devel] Re: partial repository; bug?

zooko at zooko.com zooko at zooko.com
Mon Nov 28 02:58:46 PST 2005

> This issue has been diagnosed. It turns out the firewall setting between
> his client and the server only allowed 10 new connections per minute.
> This limit was installed out of security concerns.

Ah-ha!  I think that explains why darcs would mysteriously fail when pushing or
pulling from the server of a certain cryptographer friend of mine.  I wonder
how prevalent such firewall settings are?

All the more reason for darcs to learn how to multiplex all transactions over a
single ssh connection, for example using the new ssh ControlMaster feature.
Any darcs devels interested in that task?

Regards,

Zooko