[darcs-devel] [issue-an] ISO date format, please.

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at iki.fi
Tue Nov 29 08:21:03 PST 2005

Apparently the new bug tracking system requires registration, so you
can forget about me reporting stuff through it. Too cumbersome.

Anyhow, I really don't like using english/american date format everywhere.
I've written wrapper script for e.g. darcs changes to get nice ISO-8601
style dates. Now I was going to use

	darcs changes --from-patch "date 2005-08-20"

but of couse this doesn't work:

	darcs: Can't support fancy dates.

*sigh*. There's nothing fancy about ISO-8601-style dates, they're very
simple and logically ordered. "Someday Somemonth Daynumber Time Zone Year."
is fancy and illogically, and inconveniently ordered.

Please add support for ISO-style and/or locale dates as well for both
input and output, or even better yet, switch completely to future,
to ISO dates.

--
Tuomo