[darcs-devel] [darcs #527] ssh on w32 -- requires account name and report lack of it poorly

Zooko via RT bugs at darcs.net
Sat Oct 1 05:02:39 PDT 2005

Sat Oct 01 08:02:34 2005: New ticket: 527.
Transaction: Ticket created by zooko
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: ssh on w32 -- requires account name and report lack of it poorly
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: zooko at zooko.com
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=527 >

Darcs on ssh on w32 requires a account name, unlike darcs on ssh on unix, which
uses your current account name by default if you omit the "user@" part of the
ssh path.

Okay, so I know there probably isn't a good solution to that.  Chalk up another
reason why it would be nice to have GHC native to cygwin -- my preferred
operating system for my current work -- instead of native to w32.

But anyway, this bug report is actually that if you forget and type something
like

darcs push 192.168.1.160:therepothere

Then darcs will interactively query you about which patches -- of the pushable
ones -- you wish to push, and then after you've chosen it will error out with

"No supported authentication methods left to try!"

Regards,

Zooko