[darcs-devel] [darcs #561] [Windows] incomprehensible message from "darcs push"

Vagn Johansen via RT bugs at darcs.net
Tue Oct 18 14:29:58 PDT 2005

Tue Oct 18 17:29:55 2005: New ticket: 561.
Transaction: Ticket created by vagn.johansen at gmail.com
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: [Windows] incomprehensible message from "darcs push"
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: vagn.johansen at gmail.com
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=561 >

Windows XP

temp\d2\d is a "darcs get" of temp\d
There a changes in d2 (and maybe d too, can't remember)

c:\temp\d2\d>darcs push
Pushing to c:/temp/d...

Sun Oct 16 19:03:12 Romance Daylight Time 2005  Vagn Johansen <gonz808 at hotmail.c
om>
  * edit in d2/d!
Shall I push this patch? (1/3) [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help:

darcs failed:  Refusing to apply patches leading to conflicts.
If you would rather apply the patch and mark the conflicts,
use the --mark-conflicts option to apply.
There are conflicts in the following files:
./vlib.pm

I press a for all and get a weird message about using apply. I want to
push, not apply. Darcs push does not have a --mark-conflicts!?

I then read the manual about "darcs push" again

"Darcs does not have an explicit way to tell you which patch
conflicted, only the file name. You may want to pull all the patches
from the remote repo just to be sure. "

(sidenote "just to be sure" sure of what?)

so I try a pull all

c:\temp\d2\d>darcs pull -a
Pulling from "c:/temp/d"...
No remote changes to pull in!

Nothing happens?! Why won't it let me resolve conflicts?