[darcs-devel] [darcs #561] [Windows] incomprehensible message from "darcs push"

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Wed Oct 19 04:52:44 PDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 05:29:58PM -0400, Vagn Johansen via RT wrote:
> temp\d2\d is a "darcs get" of temp\d
> There a changes in d2 (and maybe d too, can't remember)
>

> c:\temp\d2\d>darcs push
> Pushing to c:/temp/d...
>
> Sun Oct 16 19:03:12 Romance Daylight Time 2005  Vagn Johansen <gonz808 at hotmail.c
> om>
>   * edit in d2/d!
> Shall I push this patch? (1/3) [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help:
>
> darcs failed:  Refusing to apply patches leading to conflicts.
> If you would rather apply the patch and mark the conflicts,
> use the --mark-conflicts option to apply.
> There are conflicts in the following files:
> ./vlib.pm
>

> I press a for all and get a weird message about using apply. I want to
> push, not apply. Darcs push does not have a --mark-conflicts!?

Push itself calls apply on the target repository.  This feature is a safety
mechanism to avoid confusing error messages on shared central repositories.

> I then read the manual about "darcs push" again
>
> "Darcs does not have an explicit way to tell you which patch
> conflicted, only the file name. You may want to pull all the patches
> from the remote repo just to be sure. "
>
> (sidenote "just to be sure" sure of what?)
>
> so I try a pull all
>
> c:\temp\d2\d>darcs pull -a
> Pulling from "c:/temp/d"...
> No remote changes to pull in!
>

> Nothing happens?! Why won't it let me resolve conflicts?

Presumably you've already got unresolved conflicts in c:/temp/d2, try
running darcs whatsnew, and if that doesn't show anything, run darcs
resolve.
http://www.darcs.net