[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Implement break2PS. (and 1 more)

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Oct 26 09:59:09 PDT 2005

Hi David,

> I have the same question on this one.  These looks like safe isolated
> changes to me, and seem like they could only be improvements (unless they
> introduce bugs...).  Do you agree, and would you like these in the stable
> release?

Both of these are localised, and if you're willing to pull them in,
I'd be glad to see them in the stable branch.  (By the way, is
break2PS a special case of some function already in FastPackedString?
I couldn't find any, but I'm not sure.)

On the other hand, if you're at all nervous, I don't mind if you
don't: these are not enough to make Darcs-Git usable in practice, so
not much is lost if you choose to omit them.  (I still need to
implement correct caching of histories in GitRepo, and correct
memoisation of GitFiles in Git.)

I need to digest your other mail before I can answer.

                                        Juliusz