[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Rewrite gcau, add explanatory comment from David and s...

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu Sep 1 04:40:26 PDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 07:01:09PM +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 08:22:06AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> > I've just diagnosed it, and am sending a workaround.  The rm_rf function
> > gives that warning whenever the thing that is being removed doesn't exist.
>
> Thanks! I don't really understand why it seems to be non-deterministic,
> but this seems to mostly fix it. I did get this warning though:

Well, it depends on whether a previous test left directories around with
that name, so it makes sense that it would be history-dependent, but I
don't understand why it seems to be non-deterministic.  It may just be a
hysteresis effect, and only look non-deterministic.

> disable..................No root path(s) specified at /usr/share/perl/5.8/ExtUtils/Command.pm line 95
>
> I see tests/disable.pl contains one of the few remaining rm_rf's; is
> there a reason for that?

Yeah, it's because I implemented the disable.pl test in the darcs-stable
repository, which doesn't have the rm_rf workaround.  I didn't want to pull
the workaround, because it depends on the "too many open files" test, which
isn't fixed in the stable branch (or in the unstable branch, for that
matter...).

It's a bit silly.

> > +  my $how_many = 1100;
>
> This test is quite slow for me; can we do "ulimit -n 15" on Windows?

Hmmm.  That would be a good idea, it's slow for me also.  Isn't ulimit a
bash builtin, so it ought to be implemented in the windows shell even if it
doesn't have any effect?  I don't think we really need to test this feature
on both platforms.
http://www.darcs.net