[darcs-devel] [darcs #509] RT requires login (and I can't find stuff, and trac is cooool and darcs-capable)

Zooko via RT bugs at darcs.net
Fri Sep 2 10:18:28 PDT 2005

Fri Sep 02 13:18:26 2005: New ticket: 509.
Transaction: Ticket created by zooko
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: RT requires login (and I can't find stuff, and trac is cooool and darcs-capable)
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: zooko at zooko.com
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=509 >

I know there used to be a ticket for this issue, but after ten minutes of
searching I couldn't find it.  (Which displeases me -- being able to find old
tickets is an important quality of a tracking system.  Maybe it's just me.  Can
anyone else find it?  Maybe it wasn't a ticket -- maybe it was just complaints
on a mailing list.)

RT requires login as guest/guest.  As earlier remarked, this is "unfriendly"
and many people don't like it.  However, I wish to add that Ian Lynaugh -- core
darcs developer -- is currently unable to download patches from RT using wget,
and instead he had to ask me to resend my patch.  Presumably allowing loginless
access to the RT would have allowed him to fetch the patch with wget.

By the way, darcs has been integrated with trac.  Check it out!  Looks good to
me:

http://artiemestieri.tn.it/tailor

Regards,

Zooko