[darcs-devel] darcs patch: add test that adding and removing binary... (and 2 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Sep 7 05:55:59 PDT 2005

The test really states what this is about.  Inspired by bug report #504
(which I suspect refers to an already-fixed bug), I wrote a test script
that darcs fails involving adding and removing a binary file.  I then have
two patches that fix the bug.  One works by avoiding generating the null
binary patches in the first place, and the other by allowing coalesce to
eliminate them once they're generated.  I suspect both are good changes to
include, and I may move these bugfixes into darcs-stable soon.  They aren't
very serious bugs, but they're very simple bugfixes.

David.

Wed Sep  7 08:25:09 EDT 2005  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * add test that adding and removing binary files leaves no change.

Wed Sep  7 08:51:04 EDT 2005  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * make darcs able to eliminate null binary and hunk patches when coalescing.

Wed Sep  7 08:51:29 EDT 2005  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * make darcs not generate null binary patches when diffing.