[darcs-devel] [darcs #514] phantom conflicts?

Zooko via RT bugs at darcs.net
Sat Sep 10 06:42:35 PDT 2005

Sat Sep 10 09:42:32 2005: New ticket: 514.
Transaction: Ticket created by zooko
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: phantom conflicts?
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: zooko at zooko.com
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=514 >

I have two repos A and B, on two different machines.  When I push over ssh a
single patch from A to B, I get "Refusing to apply patches leading to
conflicts.".  However, when I "darcs get" B onto the local machine and push it
works.  Here is a transcript.

Hm.  I didn't realize that I was using such a non-standard version of darcs on
the remote side...  Just a minute while I try to reproduce this bug with
1.0.3...

--Z

HACK bronwin-waxomunkys-powerbook-g4-12:~/playground/crawl$ darcs push -v ../zookopatches/
Pushing to ../zookopatches...
We have the following patches to push:
Sat Sep 10 09:46:39 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * make Xom's helpful imps more powerful (when you have higher piety)
Fri Sep  9 23:17:49 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * don't no-op banish if alreaedy in abyss
Fri Sep  9 23:13:20 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * fix nums of demons and reindent
Fri Sep  9 23:08:45 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * re-arrange order and make sure done_good gets set only if something visible happens (in summon-a-good-monster)
Fri Sep  9 22:49:45 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * reindent
Fri Sep  9 22:49:33 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * remove HASTE from Xom_spells
Fri Sep  9 22:35:40 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * add feature of Xom polymorphing monsters
Fri Sep  9 22:28:18 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * for debugging: make Xom answer prayer
Fri Sep  9 22:27:21 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * fix bug in which Fight To Survive yielded zero attackers
Fri Sep  9 22:16:59 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * remove xom spells intoxicate and extension

Fri Sep  9 22:16:59 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * remove xom spells intoxicate and extension
Shall I push this patch? (1/10) [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: y

Fri Sep  9 22:27:21 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * fix bug in which Fight To Survive yielded zero attackers
Shall I push this patch? (2/10) [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: d
Finished applying...

HACK bronwin-waxomunkys-powerbook-g4-12:~/playground/crawl$ darcs push -v 192.168.1.111:playground/crawl/zookopatches
We have the following patches to push:
Sat Sep 10 09:46:39 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * make Xom's helpful imps more powerful (when you have higher piety)
Fri Sep  9 23:17:49 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * don't no-op banish if alreaedy in abyss
Fri Sep  9 23:13:20 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * fix nums of demons and reindent
Fri Sep  9 23:08:45 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * re-arrange order and make sure done_good gets set only if something visible happens (in summon-a-good-monster)
Fri Sep  9 22:49:45 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * reindent
Fri Sep  9 22:49:33 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * remove HASTE from Xom_spells
Fri Sep  9 22:35:40 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * add feature of Xom polymorphing monsters
Fri Sep  9 22:28:18 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * for debugging: make Xom answer prayer
Fri Sep  9 22:27:21 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * fix bug in which Fight To Survive yielded zero attackers
Fri Sep  9 22:16:59 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * remove xom spells intoxicate and extension

Fri Sep  9 22:16:59 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com

Fri Sep  9 22:27:21 ADT 2005  zooko at zooko.com
  * fix bug in which Fight To Survive yielded zero attackers
Shall I push this patch? (2/10) [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: d

darcs failed:  Refusing to apply patches leading to conflicts.
If you would rather apply the patch and mark the conflictThere are conflicts in the following files:
./source/religion.cc
s,
use the --mark-conflicts option to apply.

HACK bronwin-waxomunkys-powerbook-g4-12:~/playground/crawl$ darcs --exact-version
darcs compiled on May 25 2005, at 10:26:09
# configured Wed May 25 10:21:11 EST 2005
sh ./configure

Context:

[TAG 1.0.3
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050524215127]

HACK bronwin-waxomunkys-powerbook-g4-12:~/playground/crawl$ssh 192.168.1.111 "darcs --exact-version"

darcs compiled on Sep  9 2005, at 19:23:23
# configured Fri Sep 9 19:04:15 ADT 2005
sh ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/stow/darcs-1.0.3

Context:

[zooko's local config: repos in /var/www/pub/repos instead of /var/www/repos
zooko at zooko.com**20050630181050]

[TAG 1.0.3rc2
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050515085617]

[TAG darcs unstable 2005-05-09
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050509222002]

[Teach apply how to handle ChangePref patches
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050615023428]

[Make more RepoPrefs functions generic in their Monad
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050615023359]

[Make some repo prefs functions generic in the Monad they use
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050615022455]

[Add m{Write,Read}BinFile, mDoes{Directory,File}Exist to DarcsIO
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050615022310]

[Fall back to the inefficient, but safe, separate_middle_last_from_first defn.
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050615010549]

[Don't define our lex function separately for PackedStrings, and take it out of Stringalike itself
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050615024343]

[Remove '\n's from Docs, and remove some unwanted spaces
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050615003925]

[format error to be easier to read
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050604231330

 Before this change, the description ran directly into the patch name, like
 this:

    Couldn't read patch Wed Jul ...

]

[provide a clue with there is an error applying patch to recorded.
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050604230334]

[quit recommend 'get --verbose'
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050605004133

 Get now gives nice feedback by default, a continually updating with feedback
 like:
   Copying patch 13 of 135

 --verbose additionally shows the patch IDS, which most people won't care about.

 So the --verbose recommedation is no longer needed.
]

[Tidy up after tests
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050604193114]

[Fix test warnings
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050604193054]

[RT#413: add TODO test for bug: add should return an error when files can't be read.
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050602161701]

[RT#414: test case for 'record' failing when there are multiple files with permissions problems.
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050602163139]

[GNUmakefile: update predist to copy Context.hs instead of c_context.c
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050525093936]

[move some of predist commands to GNUmakefile, to the predist target
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050525090659]

[add sal_last
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050518194617]

[Merge changes
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050515164404]

[bump version number to 1.0.3rc2
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050515085537]

[update web page to reflect new stable release (1.0.3)
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050524225643]

[simple (inefficient) fix to bug in separate_last_from_first_middle.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050522133247]

[extend revert_interactive test to do a trickier revert.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050522134059]

[add test for interactive selection of revert.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050522130150
 This test is currently failed by darcs-unstable, but passed by darcs-stable
 and older.  Something is wrong with with_selected_last_changes_to_files in
 darcs-unstable.  :(
]

[favicon support for rss feeds
Manuel M T Chakravarty <chak at cse.unsw.edu.au>**20050520055950
 - RSS feed readers, such as liferea, search for feed icons (named 'favicon.ico') in the
   directory in which the feed is located
 - By default, we source the icon data from /cgi-bin/favicon.ico, but the location
   can be configured (in the same way as the location of the style sheet file)
 - NB: This is the only way to associated a favicon with a feed on departmental
   web servers etc, where the domain root is not under the feed providers
   control.  (Yet another alternative would be an associated html feed that embeds
   a <link> tag.)
]

[fix small typo
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050521231058]

[fix bug when recording with a removed file as an argument (RT #396).
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050520112358]

[add changelog entry for fix of bug #396.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050519111750]

[restructure best_practices, remove Basics and raise subsections one level
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050511162756]

[Remove dead code
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050515174816]

[Make --test not keep the patch in memory when recording
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050515005751]

[Remove dead code
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050514161023]

[remove dirty flag and IO method from Slurpy.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050515103942
 These are no longer needed, since we have removed slurp_write and friends.
]

[change predist pref to simply copy some files from the source repository
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050515085500]

[GNUmakefile: remove ChangeLog in realclean
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050514172725]

[explain in replace help that replace is a special patch [RT#317]
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050512113444]

[Remove dead code related to and including slurp_write
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050513191928]

[Remove slurpy writing from Resolution
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050513191455]

[Remove slurpy writing from Diff
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050513184702]

[Implement clonePaths
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050513183651]

[When reverting, make sure the patch is forced before we try to use skipped
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050514135444]

[add test for interactive revert [RT#387]
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050513075618]

[remove unneeded workaround tip for nvi from manual
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050512190248
 The problem was fixed in the patch:
 Tue Apr 26 02:47:50 CEST 2005  Benedikt Schmidt <beschmi at cloaked.de>
   * fix problem when editing long comments with nvi
]

[Cope with older GHCs that don't have createDirectoryIfMissing
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050513232827]

[Remove slurpy writing from Match
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050513001914]

[Functions to copy partial pristines and directory trees
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050512234741]

[Provide createPristineFromWorking rather than writePristine
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050512211422]

[Remove now-unused mmap_slurp_all_but_darcs
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050512200516]

[Remove more slurpy stuff from Get
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050512200453]

[Implement cloneTreeExcept
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050512195156]

[Remove some slurpy writing from Get
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050512194727]

[Use withRecorded in Dist
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050512015113]

[Rejig createPristineDirectoryTree for easier reuse
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050511182848]

[cloneTree now wants an existing directory as dest, rather than non-existing
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050511182055]

[Use withRecorded in TrackDown
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050511175827]

[Use withRecorded in Repository
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050511175814]

[Don't read tempdir_loc if we don't need it
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050510211725]

[Remove the = in a flag to make old ghc's happy
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050513141859]

[Remove a FIXME comment that has been fixed
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050513011105]

[some new ChangeLog entries
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050512210508]

[make_changelog.hs: use renderStyle instead of show, etc
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050512210424]

[make_changelog.hs: use fsep to word-wrap ChangeLog entries
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050512201026]

[resolve conflict with unstable unit testing stuff.
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050512095945]

[make_changelog.hs: make stylistic changes suggested by Ian Lynagh
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050512093732]

[make_changelog.hs: use match_parser in entry for better error messages
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050512093718]

[make_changelog.hs: use formatCalendarTime to show tag dates
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050512085640]

[export match_parser from PatchMatch
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050512083548]

[automatically generate ChangeLog if we're in a darcs repository.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050511112615]

[bugfix - make ChangeLog creation really atomic
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050511213435]

[make_changelog: don't warn about unmatched entries when there are none
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050511205602]

[fix failure to compile make_changelog with ghc 6.4
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050511112227
 (multiple imports of liftM etc).
]

[make ChangeLog generation atomic
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050511204254]

[Created file for ChangeLog entries added by myself
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050511144029]

[convert ChangeLog entries since 1.0.2 to a ChangeLog entry database format
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050511104044]

[auto-generate ChangeLog
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050511104006
 ChangeLog is generated from a database of ChangeLog entries and current
 repo history. Each ChangeLog entry consists of a description and a set
 of PatchMatch matchers. The entry goes into the ChangeLog as soon as all
 the matchers are satisfied.
]

[add make_changelog, a tool to auto-generate ChangeLog
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050511100512]

[write about dependencies, branches, conflicts and merging in best_practices
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050511151349]

[Implement withRecorded
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050511174853]

[Use withRecorded in Test
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050511013028]

[Be more sensible with exceptions from getSymbolicLinkStatus
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050511002356]

[Replace test_slurpy with test_patch
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050510225229]

[Remove slurp_write_dirty and slurp_write_and_read_dirty
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050509221350]

[Eliminate slurp_write_and_read_dirty from Match
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050509220731]

[Eliminate slurp_write_dirty from Apply
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050509215506]

[Eliminate slurp_write_dirty from Resolve
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050509215033]

[Eliminate slurp_write_dirty from Pull
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050509214359]

[Remove write_dirty_Pristine
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050509211958]

[Eliminate write_dirty_Pristine from Unrecord
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050509211418]

[Eliminate write_dirty_Pristine from Rollback
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050509210924]

[Eliminate write_dirty_Pristine from Pull
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050509210454]

[Eliminate slurp_write_dirty from Revert
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050509205619]

[Eliminate slurp_write_dirty from Unrevert
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050509205051]

[Eliminate slurp_write_dirty from Unrecord
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050509203955]

[Eliminate slurp_write_dirty from Replace
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050509195038]

[Eliminate write_dirty_Pristine from AmendRecord
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050508160258]

[Eliminate slurp_write_dirty from Trackdown
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050508151427]

[Eliminate write_dirty_Pristine from Apply
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050508150729]

[Eliminate slurp_write_dirty from Get
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050508145207]

[Remove doubled space
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050508125407]

[Override LC_ALL rather than LANG
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050506010451]

[use modules in configure test programms, fixes compilation with GHC-6.5
Benedikt Schmidt <beschmi at cloaked.de>**20050504133354]

[fix test printer.pl for ascii art escape quoting highlighting
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050503164241]

[Updated my (Marnix Klooster's) canonical e-mail address.
Marnix Klooster <marnix.klooster at gmail.com>**20050502132900]

[Unify presentation of path names
schnetter at aei.mpg.de**20050430163852
 Introduce a function formatPath in DarcsUtils that formats a path name
 nicely for presenting it to the user.  It puts quotes around the
 string, so that the user knows where the path name begins and ends,
 and escapces backslashes and quote characters.
]

[attempted workaround for old Perl versions that don't understand UTF very well.
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050430163606]

[refactor
Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>**20050430163230]

[fix bug in three-way merge and commute of mergers.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050507133829
 Alas, this does *not* appear to fix the problem with darcs-stable and
 darcs-unstable and merger patch reorderings which has shown up recently.
]

[Improve questions asked while reverting
Erik Schnetter <schnetter at aei.mpg.de>**20050507081237]

[Tweak selection code so 'a' has performance closer to --all
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050506210026]

[If we get to the end of the patches, we may as well calculate their length
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050506020408]

[Calculate number of patches with 'c'
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050506015948]

[Pass in number of patches (when easy) to select changes
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050506014747]

[Avoid extra patch selection pass in the simple (no restriction) case
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050506010752]

[Merge changes
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050506004840]

[Apply patch choice selection optimisation to other cases
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050423023203]

[Unsafe pull_firsts_middles optimisation
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050412233738]

[add support for displaying patches with pager
Benedikt Schmidt <beschmi at cloaked.de>**20050429132148]

[make escape quotings in non-color mode stand out with ascii art
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050503125900]

[bugfix, --tags didn't work in unpull and unrecord [RT#370]
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050503064130
 Patches are inverted during the unpull/unrecord selection, so the matcher
 would see 'UNDO:' as prefix to all names (except real undo patches that
 would have the 'UNDO:' removed).  Tags are identified by the prefix
 TAG, but their inverted form have the prefix 'UNDO: TAG' which is not
 recognized as a tag by the tag matcher.

 The fix is to (re)invert patches before the matcher is applied to them.
]

[fix impossible case that was possible after all in PatchApply.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050502114355
 I was able to trigger this case in a darcs revert.  I don't think this
 modification will slow it down.
]

[handle empty path for ssh urls RT#205
Benedikt Schmidt <beschmi at cloaked.de>**20050430225359
 and remove duplicate / because the filename is always added
 to the directory with ++"/_darcs/filename"
]

[work around backslash problem in test scripts for better portability
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050428104835]

[improve error message when unpull can't commute past pending
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050429210726
 The idea is to hint the user both to what the problem is and how to
 fix it.
]

[improve error message when sftp fails RT#205
Benedikt Schmidt <beschmi at cloaked.de>**20050428235843
 explain that sftp doesn't expand ~ and don't show complete
 list of files
]

[Make error message for moving a file to a non-added dir more clear
Thomas Zander <zander at kde.org>**20050428214347]

[Fix offset bug in win32/System/Posix.hs
Josef Svenningsson <josef.svenningsson at gmail.com>**20050423164053]

[allow my-home-relative ssh paths
zooko at zooko.com**20050429185858]

[fix the test for unset variable
zooko at zooko.com**20050429185756]

[remove my local path
zooko at zooko.com**20050429185749]

[make sure darcs binary dir is on path, move EDITME variables to the top
zooko at zooko.com**20050429170755]

[prefix putty binary dir to path
zooko at zooko.com**20050429164900]

[fix cygwin-wrapper.bash to not convert ssh "remote location" arguments
zooko at zooko.com**20050429164007]

[Remove AntiMemo
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050427130333]

[add -a option to unrevert
jani at iv.ro**20050425131337]

[Fix typo
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050428000517]

[Merged exact match from stable and resolved conflicts
John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org>**20050425183607]

[Added new match type "exact"
John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org>**20050425154735]

[Updated documentation for matches to include new exact type
John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org>**20050425154650]

[Added documentation for existing author match
John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org>**20050425154636]

[updated wiki url format in error message
shae at ScannedInAvian.com**20050426233817]

[Merge changes
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050426231601]

[Merge changes
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050426230057]

[typo fix
shae at ScannedInAvian.com**20050425192351]

[change scannedinavian.org to darcs.net for the wiki move
shae at ScannedInAvian.com**20050425194044]

[Switch version state back to unstable
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050426225417]

[TAG 1.0.3rc1
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050426002554]

[bump version number to 1.0.3rc1 and update ChangeLog
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050426002535]

[adjust version suffix for the stable repository
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050420121711]

[canonize some contributors
Benedikt Schmidt <beschmi at cloaked.de>**20050426015933]

[fix problem when editing long comments with nvi
Benedikt Schmidt <beschmi at cloaked.de>**20050426004750
 set stdin to blocking mode before calling the editor
 stdin needs to be evaluated before doing that
]

[Describe "stats" option for list_authors
schnetter at aei.mpg.de**20050425231711]

[optimize ColourPrinter, use constant Both-printables
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050426121219]

[add functionality for DARCS_DONT_ESCAPE_TRAILING_CR in ColourPrinter
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050426121148]

[document DARCS_DONT_ESCAPE_TRAILING_CR
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050411154138]

[optimize ColourPrinter escape quoting
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050426115218]

[optimize userchunkPrinter in ColourPrinter on fast packed strings
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050426114605]

[add spanEndPS (and findFromEndUntilPS) to FastPackedString
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050410142338]

[bugfix, don't skip rest of char escape tests in space-escape mode
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050409124637
 This worked because only spaces are escaped with poSpace set, but if
 that changes no non-spaces would have been esacped when poSpace is set.
]

[Only go through file once when applying hunks
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050424191033]

[Avoid multiple file reads when applying hunks to a file
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050418224517]

[Avoid unnecessary lines/unlines of files when applying patches
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050418200353]

[update ChangeLog (colorization and escaping, --sendmail-command)
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050424204421]

[fix bug where send --dry-run would sometimes prompt for an email address.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050423112043
 I also took this opportunity to clean up the code just a tad.  wants_output
 had no business being in the IO monad...
]

[Correct ln -s call after building docs
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050422205904]

[Merge changes
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050422205225]

[preproc.hs: note that the result is automatically generated
Florian Weimer <fw at deneb.enyo.de>**20050408164946

 The note is inserted directly in front of the copyright message, which
 might look like a contradiction, but I don't think this is actually a
 problem.
]

[Send.lhs: add seperator between email address and message
Florian Weimer <fw at deneb.enyo.de>**20050408160624

 Without the separator, the message is hard to read because it's not
 completely obvious where the email address begins.  (This is also
 helpful if darcs is ever localized.)
]

[Send.lhs: clarify the pre-send message which contains the email address
Florian Weimer <fw at deneb.enyo.de>**20050408155141]

[configure.ac: $HTLATEX does not really support -d, so use cd instead.
Florian Weimer <fw at deneb.enyo.de>**20050408153450

 In some versions of tex4ht, htlatex does not pass the -d argument to all
 the tex4ht programs it invokes.  This means that the files are created
 in the current directory, which has the unfortunate consequence of
 overwriting darcs.css.
]

[fix bug introduced in send where it always wanted a --to address.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050422122526]

[in send --dry-run, state to whom we're sending.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050421110244]

[add documentation for author match type in manual
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20050418144257]

[Avoid stack overflow on large binary patches.
peter at zarquon.se**20050417085200]

[Fix a readPatchPS that slipped through
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050421021415]

[make test by default *compile* unit, and fix compile of unit.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20050418123745]

[Make sure we get to the end of files when reading them lazily
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050417203702]

[Add an import list
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050417160435]

[Improve laziness of get
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050417160237]

[Fix [PackedString]'s readInt
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050417160006
 This is really covering up a bug in readIntPS where it'll run off the
 end of the PackedString if it's all digits. This can't happen in
 well-formed patches in a single PackedString, but should be fixed
 nevertheless.
]

[readPatchFileLazily is really gzReadPatchFileLazily
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050417153051]

[Small tidy-up
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050417130858]

[Stringalike [PackedString]
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050417023321]

[Tidy up readPatchFileLazily
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050416190856]

[Remove inappropriate PS suffices
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050416184739]

[Don't put SCCs in Record or SelectChanges
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050416160628]

[Read the patch back as a string when recording to get laziness
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050413034632]

[Generalise patch reading. (functions will want renaming if this sticks)
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050413034600]

[Stringalike class
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050413034412]

[Implement gzReadFile
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050413034302]

[Replace my_memrchr() with strrchr().
Ralph Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk>**20050417220534
 Given it's only ever called on a string, not an arbitrary lump of
 memory, my_memrchr() can be replaced with strrchr() which is in
 <string.h>.
]

[use "C" rather than "c" for locale name (in tests/printer.pl)
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050417160250]

[fix tests/printer.pl - in utf8 locales Perl was writing files in utf8
Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com>**20050417160217]

[Correct argument help for "darcs trackdown"
Erik Schnetter <schnetter at aei.mpg.de>**20050417145334]

[TAG darcs unstable 2005-04-19
Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>**20050419184928]