[darcs-devel] [darcs #520] changepref patches do not take effect when running tests

via RT bugs at darcs.net
Fri Sep 16 12:59:01 PDT 2005

Fri Sep 16 15:58:35 2005: New ticket: 520.
Transaction: Ticket created by guest
       Queue: Darcs
     Subject: changepref patches do not take effect when running tests
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors:
 Ticket <URL: http://bugs.darcs.net/.//Ticket/Display.html?id=520 >

if a patch is submitted which changes prefs (like the test pref), that
change does not take effect for running the tests when the patch is applied.

My server is configured to accept signed patches via email and reject
those that fail tests. Occasionally I need to send a patch which changes
the test command, but this usually isn't possible without bypassing the
test on apply, since when my test-changing patch is applied, it is
tested with the old test command, not the new.

I argue that besides being inconvienent, this is a violation of the
atomicity of patches, since the state when the tests run on the server
include some changes (to the code) but not others (to the prefs).